Updated: Dec 9, 2019
By: Vero Alvarez
1. The teachers: The retreat will be smoothly guided in English and Spanish by our two wonderful teachers. On one hand we have Daniela Campos, a long-time yoga passionate. She is a Vinyasa Yoga teacher and a true expert in Restorative Yoga, a Yoga style created to heal and nourish your body. On the other side, Adriana Galicia; a yoga lover and certified teacher who started practicing 5 years ago. She is especially keen on teaching beginners and loves seeing her students’ progress.
2. The place: To be honest, there are no words to describe Las Nubes de Holbox Hotel, you just have to experience it. In few words, it is an eco- luxury boutique hotel with 28 suited located at the most secluded and beautiful spot in Holbox Island. It has a very special and chill vibe that will totally disconnect you from the “real world” in the best possible way during your stay. One of our best kept gems is our very own Orquidea Spa, a quiet and relaxing space where we offer traditional Mayan therapies, aromatic baths and incredible massages.
3. The season: October is without a doubt one of the best months of the year to visit the Island. The weather is most frequently amazing: not too hot, not too windy. The occupancy of Holbox overall is not so high, so you don’t have to worry about finding an empty spot to chill by the beach or enjoy a nice dinner in town (Insiders tip: prices are lower during this lower season)
4. The food: El Sabor de Las Nubes, that is all you need to know. Our very own Restaurant is located inside the Hotel and it offers the perfect combination between a traditional Mexican cuisine based on original recipes and local ingredients, but also dishes that go from amazing pastas with seasonal seafood, homemade bread or some quite amazing eggs benedict. For the retreat, the organizers have planned some healthy and delicious dishes that you do not want to miss.
5. The overall experience: We know there are many yoga retreats around the world, but we promise you the most unique experience. In total you will enjoy approximately 10 hours of pure yoga, all levels more than welcome, and also multiple meditation sessions. You will enjoy this experience surrounded by a turquoise ocean, the sound of nature and a great company. The Hotel will help you in any possible way to make you feel like home and make your stay absolutely perfect.
Also, the retreats itinerary is planned so that you have enough free time to wander around the hotel, enjoy the Spa, the Restaurant, our pools and new Beach Club, but also get to know Holbox Island.